The Gambler - Fun.
Slow down,
别慌张,
we've got time left to be lazy
我们还有很多悠闲的时光。
All the kids have bloomed from babies
所有孩子。
into flowers in our eyes.
都已经成长
We've got 50 good years
我们还有五十年的好岁月,
left to spend out in the garden
可以消磨在花园。
I don't care to beg your pardon,
我不介意请你再说一遍,
We should live until we die
咱们要一直活到终老那天。
We were barely 18
还不满18岁,
when we'd crossed collective hearts.
当年我们相知相惜,
It was cold, but it got warm
天气很冷,却使我心头一暖。
when you'd barely crossed my eye.
你掠过我眼前,
and then you turned, put out your hand,
然后你回头,朝我伸出手,
and you asked me to dance.
邀我与你共舞,
I knew nothing of romance,
彼时我不知何为浪漫,
but it was love at second sight
但我知道爱上你,在第二眼。
I swear when I grow up,
我发誓等我长大,
I won't just buy you a rose.
不会只为你买一朵玫瑰花,
I will buy the flower shop,
我要买给你一间花店,
and you will never be lonely.
使你从此不再孤单。
Even if the sun stops waking up over the fields
即使太阳不再攀上地平线,
I will not leave,
我也不离开,
I will not leave till it's our time.
不会离开,直到我们的时间到来。
So just take my hand, you know
所以请握紧我的手,你知道
that I will never leave your side
我会永远在你身畔。
It was the winter of '86,
那是86年的冬天,
and all the fields had frozen over.
大地冻结成一片,
So we moved to Arizona to save our only son
我们搬去亚利桑那,挽救我们唯一的儿子。
and now he's turning to a man,
现在他是一个男子汉,
although he thinks just like his mother,
但他有他母亲一样的世界观,
he believes we're all just lovers
他相信所有人都能相爱,
he sees hope in everyone
他在每个人眼中看到希望存在。
And even though she moved away,
尽管女儿搬走了,
we always get calls from our daughter.
但我们常能接到她的电话。
She has eyes just like her father's
她有和她父亲一样的眼睛,
they are blue when skies are grey
即使天空晦暗,眼睛也一样湛蓝。
And just like him, she never stops,
她像她父亲一样永不停歇,
Never takes the day for granted,
从不把每一个日子看做理所当然,
works for everything that's handed to her,
交给她的事情都认真处理,
Never once complains
从不抱怨。
You think that I nearly lost you
你以为我要永远失去你,
When the doctors tried to take you away.
当医生想要把你带走,
Like the night you took my hand
那晚你握着我的手,
beside the fire
在炉火边
30 years ago to this day
到今天已经三十年,
You swore you'd be here till
你保证会陪在我身边,
we decide that it's our time
直到我们决定哪天是我们的大限。
But it's not time,
但现在还不是那个时间,
you've never quit in all your life.
你的一生不曾有过一次妥协。
So just take my hand, you know
所以,握着我的手,你知道
that I will never leave your side.
我不会离开你的身畔。
You're the love of my life,
你是我一生挚爱,
you know that I will never leave your side
你知道我不会离开你的身畔。
You come home from work
你下班回家,
and you kiss me on the eye
你吻我的眼,
You curse the dogs you say
你抱怨那些狗,
that I should never feed them what is ours
说我从来都不该养他们,霸占了一切。
So we move out to the garden
所以咱们挪到外面的花园,
look at everything we've grown
看着我们种下的一切,
and the kids are coming home
孩子们要回家了,
So I'll set the table
我去支起桌子,
You can make the fire.
你把火生起来~
【The Gambler】相关文章: